It is amazing how few words can affect one's life.
I usually tweet the good ones on @telesanzoid.
- I think I'd like to finish out as one of those lame humans trying to do what's right.
- You wanna surprise the enemy? Surprise yourselves.
- ... Cause I'm not ready for you to not be here.
- Trust yourself, and the others might follow.
- You may not be wanted, but you will be needed.
- In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may have appeared to have changed.
- The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live... for me.
- I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different coloured pens, but it's been pointed out to me that that's insane.
- Was that a conversation we actually had or one I was just practicing?
- It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing... Because it was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else... Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it is a game of chess, deserves to lose.
- Oh, I've learned to deal with pain. I'm not quite sure who I'd be without it. Pain tethers me to the world.
- Well, I could make an effort to be liked, but I'd rather be hated than inconvenienced.
- Somehow you got it in your head that this is your story, but you gotta let that go. You're starting to come up with a whole new story for yourself. You are who you are. And the sooner you're okay with that, the sooner you see what I see, the happier you're going to be.
- When I was the CEO, I found that it was more about choosing the one wrong answer that you can live with.
- Waiting for the sky to fall is gonna cause more bother than the sky actually falling.
- I don't do drugs! I'm afraid of espresso!
- Got it?"
"Say it back to me."
"Oh, then no.
- To exist is to survive unfair choices.
- Every day we change the world, but to change the world in a way that means anything, that takes more time than most people have.
- Sometimes, we just need a reason when a situation is completely unreasonable. Do you know why I always blame myself in situations like this? Because at least it's an answer.
- Who cares that the kids your age don't get you. That means that you're more interesting than them. That means you're going to be hanging around kids that are more interesting. You're gonna have a more interesting life.
- I guess the thing is that if I made a mistake, then at least it was mine, you know?
- And I wanted to tell you because well, I don't kow why I wanted to tell you. Because you provoke me. You know, you make me think about things that I never think about. Without even saying anything, just by the way you look at me.
- Is it possible to be just friends with someone I have these immoderate feelings for, or am I doomed forever to be in love and ultimately significantly hurt?
- Dear Felicity,
Here it goes. I've watched you for four years, always wondered what you were like, what was going on in your mind when you were so quiet, just thinking, drawing in your notebook. I should have just asked you, but I never asked you. So now, four years later, I don't even know you, but I admire you. Well, this makes me sound crazy, but I'm okay with that. So take care of yourself.
PS, I would have said keep in touch, but unfortunately we never were in touch.
- How often do you learn so much so quickly? It's invigorating.
- The rise of social media has created a generation of narcissists eager to offer up their private images for public consumption.
- How'd you do all of that?"
"I was bitten by a radioactive detective.
- Personally, I abhor the typical.
- You are the best in the world at being you.
- What is existence but the absorption of and reaction to the data that the universe presents? You can either grasp these truths, or you can misinterpret them to your constant and considerable agitation.
- The great love of my life is a homocidal maniac. No one's perfect.
- It's a wonderful morning to be preoccupied by the meaninglessness of existence.
- I must never make exceptions. An exception disproves the rule.
- You are very quotable, you know."
"A facility for quotation covers an absence of original thought."
"You just did it again.
- I support the premise, but not the practice.
- I abhor the dull routine of existence.
- Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right. You should aspire to it.
- There is, unquestionably, a certain social utility to being polite, to maintaining an awareness of other people's sensitivities, to exhibiting all the traits that might commonly be grouped under the heading 'nice'. I am not a nice man. It is important that you understand that, it is going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It is who I am, right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And, in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it's been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change."
"You have. You're not the same person I met a year and a half ago."
"Good to you? Yeah. For the most part. I consider you to be... exceptional. So I make an exceptional effort to accommodate you. But you must accept that, for as long as you choose to be in my life, there will occasionally be fallout from my behavior. That must be a part of our understanding."
"No one can accept something like that forever."
"To thine own self, Watson.
- If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there.
- I'm not saying it's easy to ignore the way people look at you. But I hope you can find some solace in the fact that when I look at you...
That's Polaris, the north star. That's how sailors used to find their way home. When I look at you, that's what I see. I see my way home
- When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different, someone better. When that person is taken from you, what do you become then?
- All of humankind has one thing in common: The Sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.
- Reading's for morons who can't understand pictures!
- It doesn't really bother me. I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval, or the President's. I know my value. Anyone else's opinion doesn't matter.
- There's only two kinds of straight people in this world: the ones that hate you to your face and the ones that hate you behind your back.
- Haha! I don't know what you mean, but it has the cadence of a joke.
- Maybe being normal isn't the most important thing.
- Why do you have a diary?"
"To keep secrets from my computer.
- Turn off the damn lights! We don't support the electric company!
- My mom always used to say that average people are the most special people in the world and that's why God made so many.
- I do my best work when people don't believe in me.
- The third wheel is what makes it a tricycle.
- Sometimes the smartest people don't think at all.
- Too many words coming at me from too many different sentences.
- Constantly worrying about where you stand based on inscrutable social clues and then inevitably reframing it all in a reassuring way so you can get to sleep at night. No, I do not believe in that at all. If I invited you to lunch, I think you're a winner. If i didn't, I don't. But I just met you all, life is long, opinions change. Winners, prove me right. Losers, prove me wrong.
- Don't ask 'Are you?' because it's never a question. Just say 'I know.'
- Becoming me was the greatest creative project of my life.
- Magic doesn't come from talent, magic comes from pain.
- If I could do better, I'd be God.
- I failed the exercise test. They asked me to run, I said no. Well, I think running is wrong unless professionally or as a child.
- I don't give a bag of dicks what kinky shit you're into, just be into it quietly.
- Where you from?"
"Like on TV?
- Hi. Karen, the case assistant. Please excuse my handshake. I have naturally damp hands. It's a medical condition. I am in some studies.
- I guess with great responsibility comes with great loneliness.
- Oh, no. I don't drink. Alcohol affects my cognitive function.
- You don't know where you're vulnerable until you fail.
- Am I hallucinating?"
"If you were, how would asking me help?
- On more than one occasion, she's called me Gina. That's her own name.
- It doesn't take long to realize you met someone special.
- And you are...?"
"Yes, we are.
- The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon.
- You're a kid and your whole life's ahead of you and you have these notions about what life is, and then... what it could be, but eventually you have to let all that go.
- I know people think I'm crazy. It's just more fun believing even when no one else does.
- You have no idea how this feels."
"That's true, but I can see it in your face.
- There was a brutal murder there."
"So statistically, another murder is unlikely.
- You can't do every silly thing you want to in life. You have to make your choices, you have to try to be happy with them.
- The people you're talking about, the ones who think they know you... they really don't know anything about you at all.
- Low tech's the best tech.
- Life's a rollercoaster, but I'm tall enough to ride.
- You're defined up to now, not beyond.
- Would you have told me the truth?"
"In my own way. I always have.
- You don't have to be happy. Just be yourself.
- I'm a visual person. I get turned on by what I feel and what I see, not by just some words.
- Abed, what did I tell you about quitting?"
"That it's sometimes the only way to survive.
- It's not a question of how I feel. I feel like flying, I don't jump off buildings.
- It's taking too long."
"It takes as long as it takes.
- Yu gonplei ste odon (Your fight is over).
- We NEED oxygen."
"We have oxygen. We NEED Wi-Fi.
- It's okay if we're not friends anymore. You being alive is enough.
- Even when your world stops, the world around you keeps moving forward. And you will too.
- You don't get to decide what or who I'm willing to die for. I made my choice a long time ago. So stop shutting me out.
- Titus, age doesn't matter. You can die at any time.
- I envy you! I've never been able to meet me.
- I'm always amazed at what women will do because they're afraid of being rude.
- People think I collect art. What I really collect are lives fixed in paint. A perfect moment capturing an entire existence made immortal.
- She's not like the rest of them."
"Everyone's like the rest of 'em. That's why they're the rest.
- Don't you hate uncomfortable silences? Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order ot be comfortable?
- Why must one talk? Often one shouldn't talk, but live in silence. The more one talks, the less the words mean.
- I would go mad if I didn't write down the voices.
- Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine.
- If you need me, I'll be changing the world.
- You had a lot of bad ideas that lead to good ideas, and that is value.
- I don't have a gun. I am just aroused from looking at you.
- I'm very non-physically resourceful. I do a lot of reading. I read palms, and maps, and I read all the Hunger Games.
- MESS WITH THE BEST
DIE LIKE THE REST
- In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
- There are some in this world who have strength on their own
Never broken or in need of repair
But there are some born to shine who can't do it alone
So protect them and take special care.
- Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go.
- I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter.
- When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around
Do you ever really crash, or even make a sound?
- There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret or life is yours to miss
No other road, no other way
No day but today.
- There's spit on my face
The hot breath of the human race
And I know, I know, I'm supposed to integrate
But hows about instead I inch away?
- You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
- You might not think that programmers are artists, but programming is an extremely creative profession. It's logic-based creativity.
- The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity; moving beyond it necessitates intuition, which in turn configures new perspectives and conquers fears.
- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.
- Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.
- I restore myself when I'm alone.
- Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.
- Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
- Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75.
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
- Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.
- People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend.
- Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone.
- Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
- A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.
- You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
- Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.
- Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
- A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
- Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
- If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
- You can be comfortable at home for a thousand days, or step out the door and run right into trouble.
- Never lose sight of what you're looking for.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I love RWE. All my best thoughts were stolen by the ancients.
- The poet, the painter, the musician, the architect, seek each to concentrate this randiance of the world on one point, and each in his several work to satisfy the love of beauty which stimulates him to produce.
- To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again.
- Build therefore your own world.
- Good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed!
- Every man in his lifetime needs to thank his faults.
- We aim above the mark to hit the mark.
- Curiosity is lying in wait for every secret.
- The best effort of a fine person is felt after we have left their presence.
- We are always getting ready to live but never living.
- People only see what they are prepared to see.
- Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know.
- What you are comes to you.
- Little minds have little worries, big minds have no time for worries.
- Beauty without expression is boring.
- There are other measures of self-respect for a man, than the number of clean shirts he puts on every day.
- We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.
- The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.
- As long as a man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way.
- Happy is the hearing man; unhappy the speaking man.
- Every wall is a door.
- The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.
- This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.
- Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
- Society is always taken by surprise at any new example of common sense.
- The reason why the world lacks unity, and lies broken and in heaps, is, because man is disunited with himself.
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.
- The reward of a thing well done is having done it.
- Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.
- The years teach much which the days never know.
- We must be our own before we can be another's.
- He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.
- To be great is to be misunderstood.
- For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
- Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.
- Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.
- Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.
- Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
- Earth laughs in flowers.
- Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.
- Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying.
- It is one of the beautiful compensations in this life that no one can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.
- People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine.
- Always do what you are afraid to do.
- Every artist was first an amateur.
- Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
- Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.
- It is not length of life, but depth of life.
- Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
- Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Quotes By Me
- If you don't kill yourself trying, then you're not trying at all.
- Don't let statistics shape your path; let your path shape statistics.
- Everything I share is one less thought I have to keep to myself.
- Let change accept you or change will destroy you.
- Just because people seem the way they seem to you, doesn't mean they are.
- Why don't we measure life by the moments?
- There's no point in being bothered by things you can't change.
- Gotta stop thinking that someone else is going to lift me up, because that someone is me.
- Our greatest companion is the self that challenges the self. The one that pushes us to do the things we didn't think we could do.
- Life is about experiences that help you momentarily forget those that let you go and those you can't let go.
- I'll probably tell you more if I don't know you than if I do know you.
- Reflect and get better.
- We all have futures. It's whether they're what we want them to be or not.
- Sometimes it's easier to be the person others want you to be, but you just have to say fuck you and listen to yourself.
- Loving yourself doesn't necessarily mean that others will love you too.
- Understand yourself or others won't be able to.
- Sometimes, doing easy, mundane tasks is the only way to not feel like a failure.
- When you see the world differently, the world sees you differently.
- We all want to die, but it is when we die that we don't want.
- You always have the choice, but sometimes the choice you want takes so much effort that it's not worth choosing.
- If you don't hide the truth, you won't even have to think about it.
- We can't always get what we want, but we can always want what we get.
- Choose to ignore the issue, but listen before you do.
- Taking it as a sign, doesn't mean it's a sign.
- Sometimes the truth is there, but you choose to ignore it.
- The toilet and the shower. Best places to think.
- He wakes up smiling, I fall asleep smiling.
- Do you smile for the world or for yourself?
- Without the bad, there is no good.
- Treat others the way they treat you.